Monday, October 15, 2007

Eat More Chicken

Last week, our Campus Outreach Virginia staff team went to Atlanta for the Catalyst Conference (a 2 day event designed to develop Christian leaders). Among the 11,000 participants were pastors, campus ministers, youth ministers, and business leaders from around the world. Each year our staff team attends this conference and returns with fresh vision and ideas for the college campus.

We also had the pleasure of spending some time with Truitt Cathy, the founder of Chick-fil-a. He's the smiley old man in the middle. I've had the privilege of meeting Truitt on three separate occasions, although he would have no idea who I am, and each time he has told me about his family, his foster kids, the 13 year olds that he teaches in Sunday school, and why he believes business principles and biblical principles are synonymous. Here is a successful business man that puts his faith and his family before all else. I don't think that he would say that his successful business is a result of his faith, but rather his business is an expression of his faith. He serves God by serving people.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Maria! I love it! Glad we are fellow bloggers! I'm adding you to my favorites!!